In relation to President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s declaration of State of Public Health Emergency and to the Inter-Agency Task Force for Management of Emerging Infectious Disease Resolution No. 10, Series of 2020, recommending the imposition of social distancing measures in the National Capital Region, MediCard implements the following measures in managing and preventing COVID-19:
- As of this time, MediCard will continue to provide coverage to patients who are admitted for COVID-19, subject to the following guidelines:
- Room & Board coverage up to the member‘s room plan or Regular Private Plan, whichever is higher;
- Coverage for extra charges for Personal Protective Equipment, up to Php1,000.00 per day
- MediCard reserves the right to re-evaluate its position on COVID-19 coverage on a later date if & when the Department of Health declares COVID-19 as an epidemic in the Philippines
- For our employees to limit face-to-face meetings with clients, vendors and other external providers. For now, we will use available resources such as video conferencing, phone calling, emailing or SMS to communicate.
- Prepare to cancel/postpone all trainings, seminar, wellness sessions/fairs and public events until further notice
- For our frontliners to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
- Visitors to our clinics will be subject to temperature and symptom-screening.
- Patients exhibiting fever or respiratory symptoms or diarrhea will be directed to an isolation room
- Patients in isolation areas will be triaged by medical personnel to the ER when necessary
- Our Liaison Officers and other employees who conduct rounds in the hospitals will not be allowed to visit confined patients; but are required to report to their assigned hospitals to carry out their functions until further notice.
Rest assured that during this time of uncertainty, we work hard to continuously deliver quality and timely assistance to our clients, vendors and other external providers. This commitment is in line with our utmost priority to look after our employees’ safety and well-being.
Thank you for your kind understanding.
March 16, 2020