What happens if I have been advised for admission/hospitalization?
- Proceed to the admitting section.
- Present your MediCard ID and the admitting order from the MediCard-accredited doctor. Confinement shall be under the services of the attending physician and the MediCard coordinator.
- Your room assignment will be based on your MediCard program.
- If necessary, the attending physician or MediCard coordinator may also refer you to a MediCard-accredited specialist.
- The admitting/HMO staff will notify MediCard and provide all the necessary details.
- MediCard will issue a Letter of Authorization (LOA) once the availment is approved based on your program.
- Prior to discharge, submit a completed Philhealth Form and a certificate of contribution signed by your employer.
- Settle charges not covered by your MediCard Program.