How do I request LOA for tests on MediCard GO?
- On your home screen, tap VIEW ALL, tap TESTS then tap on the name of the member who needs the test.
- Choose a facility: MediCard free-standing clinic or other accredited clinic/hospital.
- Fill out the short form.
- If you choose a MediCard free-standing clinic, an LOA will not be required, simply wait for the clinic to contact you.
- If you select other accredited clinics/hospitals, your request is logged under the REQUEST APPROVAL tab on the home screen. You will see the status of your request here if APPROVED, PENDING or DISAPPROVED.
- If approved, download the LOA found at the bottom of the screen and print 2 copies. Submit these to the hospital/clinic upon visit. Note that this does not guarantee an appointment with the hospital/clinic yet. You will need to book an appointment with them directly.*
*On the day of your visit, note that hospitals/clinics may have varied policies. Even if you have a pre-approved LOA, you may be asked to proceed to the HMO department first for encoding/documentation.